Student Accountability & Conflict Resolution staff are available to consult on or answer questions related to academic misconduct concerns. Throughout the academic term, an instructor may discover or receive information that a violation of academic integrity may have occurred. If the instructor determines there is sufficient information to proceed with an allegation, they must contact Student Accountability & Conflict Resolution to determine which resolution options are available.

End of Semester Notice: In cases where the Academic Misconduct adjudication process is not complete by the time course grades are due, the Faculty Member must assign the student an Incomplete in the course. The course grade will be updated once the case has been resolved.

If the student has no prior violation for academic misconduct, the instructor can offer an Informal Resolution. When considering this, the instructor should know:

  • The most severe sanction that can be offered is an “F” in the course for an undergraduate student and a “U” in the course for a graduate student.
  • If this is a severe first offense, second or subsequent offense, the student declines an Informal Resolution, or a more severe penalty is deemed appropriate, the instructor must refer the case to Student Accountability & Conflict Resolution. To do this, please complete the Academic Integrity Charge Form.