The academic integrity standards for students at UNC Charlotte are the subject of the Code of Student Academic Integrity. Descriptions of each form of academic integrity violation are provided as well as the potential educational outcomes, procedures for handling cases, and appeal procedures. Students and faculty members are expected to be familiar with the provisions of this policy.
The University recognizes that academic misconduct detracts from the value of a UNC Charlotte degree and has influence beyond the University community, including relationships with employers, other educational institutions, the business community, the UNC system, and the community at large.
The purpose of the Code of Student Academic Integrity is to:
- support and promote an ethical learning environment;
- create consistent standards for all members of the academic community;
- assist Students in learning responsibility for one’s own academic work;
- protect the academic environment of the University community; and
- clarify Student values and how they relate to the behavior in question.