Student FAQs

No. You may take up to three business days to seek out resources and advice before returning the form to your instructor. If you have questions or concerns, email to schedule a time to speak with one of our staff members.

No. Any grade assigned due to an academic integrity violation cannot be replaced. However, you may retake the course (if applicable). Both grades will average into your GPA, but your transcript will only show the second grade earned.

No. You may consult with or bring your lawyer to the hearing to act as an advisor, but they are only allowed to consult with you and may not address other individuals at the hearing.

*Please note Representative rights apply to violations of the Code of Student Responsibility (as outlined in University Policy 406), and differ from the Code of Student Academic Integrity (University Policy 407).

Suspension and Expulsion are rare occurrences and are only considered for the most severe cases. Ultimately it is up to the panel to determine what sanction (if any) should be imposed. Their decision is based on the evidence and the testimonies made by you and the instructor during the hearing.

Yes. A Student who wishes to appeal the outcome of a Formal Resolution must submit a written brief in support of the appeal to the Director of Student Accountability & Conflict Resolution within five business days after they receive a Notice of Outcome via email.

Grounds for appeal at any level of review are limited to:

  1. violation of due process;
  2. material procedural error;
  3. outcomes inconsistent with charge.

It is not the purpose of the appeal process to provide for a new hearing at a higher administrative level.

Once the hearing has been scheduled, you will have access to a Procedural Advisor who can assist you in preparing for the hearing and can guide you through the process.