Faculty FAQs

Referring a case does not mean that a student will automatically fail the course or be suspended. If a student is found responsible for a violation, there are a variety of outcomes that can be assigned; some of which do not include a grade reduction.

Contact Student Accountability & Conflict Resolution and provide details as to why you believe an act of academic misconduct has occurred. Once we know the details, we can advise you on the best and most appropriate plan of action.

​If you have not heard back from them after three days, we recommend following up with an email to remind them the deadline has passed and provide another deadline. If you still have not heard back from them after a few more days, please contact our office and we can assist you. Depending on the circumstances, we may begin the Facilitated Resolution process.

It’s up to you. Once you submit the Charge Form to our office, we will contact the student. However, if you would like to notify them as a courtesy, you are able to do so.

Once the hearing has been scheduled, you will have access to a Procedural Advisor who can assist you in preparing for the hearing and can guide you through the process.